I’m an experience designer with seven years in the industry, known for my thoroughness, reliability, and careful communication.
I fight for the users.
With a background in both computing and design, I collaborate with designers, developers, and stakeholders to plan, test, and launch successful products.
For professional enquiries, contact me on LinkedIn.
- Wireframing and prototyping
sketching, Axure RP, HTML & CSS
- Information architecture
card sorting, sitemaps
- User research
study planning and analysis, interviewing
flows, functional specifications, guidelines, personas
writing, presenting, collaborating, public speaking
Lead Experience Designer, TotallyMoney
July 2019 – Present
Senior Experience Designer, AnalogFolk
September 2015 – September 2018
- Led feature planning, prototyping, and guerrilla testing of Nando’s combined delivery and collection service.
- Led research, user testing with children, and design for Sainsbury’s Story Studio, a stop-motion movie app for iOS and Android used to create tens of thousands of movies on Christmas Day.
- Researched fintech trends to design and build an interactive prototype of future-state mobile banking for Sainsbury’s Bank.
- Multiple projects for a major international bank:
- Redesigned and oversaw user testing of key journeys in the new customer banking mobile app, from flows to pixel-perfect prototypes.
- Overhauled the information architecture and data interface of an international fund portal.
- Researched and wrote mobile interface standards and a design guide for natural language interfaces.
- Worked closely with Dulux to improve key journeys in their custom paint ordering service, Amazing Space Paint, based on detailed analytics and focus group findings.
- Led a one day rapid/paper prototyping workshop for staff at AXA PPP Healthcare.
Junior → Senior User Experience Designer, Cyber-Duck
June 2011 – August 2015
- Project manager and UX lead on more than 15 projects.
- Led the design and usability testing of mydlc, a debt management system, resulting in shorter payment plan setup times, more than double the turnover from the previous solution, and a UX UK award.
- Led the redesign and usability testing of the application process for MYJAR, a short-term loan service, increasing customer satisfaction by 10%.
- Carried out interviews, card sorting sessions, and consulting for Balfour Beatty Construction’s Playbook, a process sharing platform, which was well received by users across the USA.
- Conceived, prototyped, managed, wrote, and edited UX Companion, a user experience glossary app for iOS and Android downloaded more than 50,000 times and chosen as the Best Mobile Campaign at the UK Agency Awards 2015.
- Led a branding project for Countercept, a managed service from MWR InfoSecurity, where we created a strong new brand, collateral, and an atypical website.
Writing & Speaking
- Dark Times for Dark Patterns: Ethical Alternatives
A talk at South by South West, March 2016, with Cristina Viganò
- Dark Patterns: A Dangerous Addiction For Brands
An article for the AnalogFolk blog, March 2016
- Introduction to UX
A talk at Untangle the Web, October 2014
- Eye Tracking: What it’s for and when to use it
An article for Usability Geek, August 2014
- 10 guidelines for improving your eye tracking studies
An article for Usability Geek, August 2013
Awards & Recognition
- Epica Silver Award for Story Studio, 2017
- UK Agency Awards Best Mobile Campaign for UX Companion, 2015
- UX UK Best Transactional Experience Award for mydlc, 2014
- Horizon Interactive Silver Award for the Cyber-Duck responsive website, 2013
- Web Marketing Association Outstanding Website Award for Essex Governor Services, 2012
- Finalist in the Knight-Mozilla News Challenge, 2011
- Best End-to-End Design for Storymaker, Storyteller at the Microsoft Design Expo, 2008
Interactive Media Design BSc (Hons)
(Now known as Digital Interaction Design)
University of Dundee
2006 – 2010